sábado, 18 de junho de 2011

Joke The Poor Farmer


                                Source:             http://www.teclasap.com.br/blog/ 
For more information visit Teclasap
The Poor Farmer
A man owned a small farm in North Carolina. The North Carolina Wage Office & Hours Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate.
“I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,” demanded the agent.
“Well,” replied the farmer, “there’s my farm hand who’s been with me for 3 years. I pay him $400.00 a week plus free room and board.
The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $300.00 per week plus free room and board.
Then there’s the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. Hemakes about $10.00 a week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.”
That’s the guy I want to talk to… the half-wit,” says the Agent.
That would be me,” replied the farmer.
  • the poor farmer > o pobre fazendeiro
  • owned a small farm > tinha um pequeno sítio
  • the North Carolina Wage Office & Hours Department > o Departamento de Supervisão de Horas e Remuneração salariais da Carolina do Norte
  • claimed > alegou
  • was not paying proper wages > não estava pagando salários adequados
  • to his help > para os seus empregados
  • employees > funcionários
  • demanded > exigiu
  • farm hand > peão
  • plus free room and board > além de alojamento e comida
  • the cook > a cozinheira
  • then there’s the half-wit > ah, tem também o otário
  • makes about $10.00 > tira por volta de $10,00
  • a week > por semana
  • a bottle of Bourbon > uma garrafa de Bourbon (uísque)
  • that’s the guy I want to talk to > esse é o cara com quem eu quero falar
  • that would be me > esse sou eu

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Interesting story about a poor farmer :-) I share this with Twitter