quinta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2011

The last laugh

Source: Speak UP
Language level: Advanced
Standard: American accent

Bs: This joke is not updated ‘cause Bush was the President of USA yet.

The last Laugh

Mr. President...

A plane is about to crash. There are five passengers on board, but there are only four parachutes. So the passengers have to make a very quick decision: which one of them will make the ultimate sacrifice?

The first passenger says:

“I am Ronaldo, the best soccer player in the world. The sporting world needs me, and I cannot die on my fans.” He grabs the first parachute and jumps out of the plane.

The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says:

“I am the wife of the former president of the United States; I am a senator for the state of New York and I have a good chance of being the next president of the United States.”

She grabs a parachute and jumps off the plane.

The third passenger, George W. Bush, says:

“I am the current president of the United States of America, I have huge responsibilities in the world. Besides, I am the smartest president in the history of my country and I can’t shun the responsibility to my people by dying.”

He grabs a pack and jumps off the plane.

The fourth passenger, the Pop, says to the fifth passer, a young boy:

“I am old. I have lived my live as a good person, as priest should, and so I shall leave the last parachute to you; you have the rest of your life ahead of you.

To this the little boy replies:

“Don’t worry, old man, there is a parachute of each of us! The smartest president in American history took my schoolbag.”

Nenhum comentário: