terça-feira, 26 de julho de 2011

Timbaland, The Way I are! learning through lyrics songs

Here you can take notice about the bad grammar "The way I are" actually it's common for Americans' Rappers similar to this one, the expressions She don't, He don't, both grammatically doesn't make sense. 

All credits for this exercise for: JUJUKA (Judith Jékel) a Hungarian EFL Teacher, for more contribution visit the website: http://www.englishexercises.org/exercise.asp?id=518

Source: ENGLISH EXERCISES. 

Watch the video and do the following exercises.

Write in the missing words. The images may help.



I ain't got no 
I ain't got no  to take you on a 
I can't even buy you 
But together we could be the perfect soul 
Talk to me girl

Oh

Unscramble the following lines

                                           If we go touch
                                           Thug it out til' we get it right
                                           Baby, it's alright now
   We can work without the perks just you and me
                                           You ain't gotta flaunt for me
                                           You can still touch my love, it's free

Choose the correct words in the chorus

~ Chorus ~
Baby if you , you can get a 
'Cause I like you just the  you are
I'm about to strip and I'm well 
Can you  me the way I are?

I don't  the G's or the car 
Boy I like you just the way you are
Let me  ya strip, you can get a tip
'Cause I like, I like, I like...

Unscramble the words in brackets.



I ain't got no (AIVS)
I ain't got no Red American (Eerxsps)
We can't go (hronwee) exotic
It don't (etmrta) 'cause I'm the one that loves you best
Talk to me girl

Write in the missing prepositions.
Oh
Baby, it's alright now
You ain't gotta flaunt  me
If we go touchy you can still touch my love, it's free
We can work  the perks just you and me
Thug it  til' we get it right

~ Chorus ~


Write in or choose the missing words. The images may help.

You know
Baby girl, I don't got a  ol' ,
I rent a  in a house
Listen baby girl
I ain't got a ,
But I can  your boat

So listen, baby girl
Once you get a  of D.O.E
You gon' want  mo'
So listen, baby girl
When I'm naked I want you ,
Want you there, yeah.

Yeah my  and me loof like feel me them,
And it's really not  Louis Allason,
Your  ain't Pamela Anderson,
It's a struggle just to get you in the ,

But listen  girl,
Before I let you  a  I'll buy a bigger car,
So listen baby girl,
I love you just the way ya are, the way ya are

Find the extra words in each line and write them in the boxes.
Oh
Baby girl, it's alright now                                              
You ain't gotta flaunt it for me                                        
If we go touchy then you can still touch my love, it's free
We can work without the hard perks just you and me       
Thug it out please til' we get it right                            

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

I've always told you I'd correct your grammar if I saw a mistake, when I saw your post in the group I almost said "hey carlos, that isn't the way it should be said, it should say The Way I am learning. But I kept reading and noticed what you were teaching. Great post, loved the little lessons :)

secultura&turismo disse...

Thank you, do that as much as possible, corrections are welcome...always. But if you are talking about the title of this entry, The way I are is the title of Timbaland's group,I forgot the exclamation point. Learning through the Lyrics songs...Thanks a lot, but I did that following the example of the song then I mixed with the title of the entry. Most welcome and I really appreciate your viewpoint or correction.