sexta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2011

Rihanna, The Umbrella Girl



Source: Speak Up
Standard: British accent
Language level: Advanced


The Umbrella Girl

You may have heard the song “Umbrella,” which has been all the rage in recent weeks. It’s sung by Rihanna and it forms part of her album, Good Girl Gone Bad which was released in June. Good Girl Gone Bad is her third album, which is remarkable when you consider that she is only 19 years old. Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, is from the Caribbean island of Barbados and she was discovered at the age of 15 by a record producer, Evan Rogers, who happened to be vacationing there.

“Umbrella” is accompanied by an exciting video which, as Rihanna explains, is directed by Chris Appelbaum:

Rihanna:

Standard: Barbadian or “Bajan” accent

Video, I had a lot of say in it, I actually talked to the director, Chris Applebaum. Directly we talked before he wrote the treatment and, fortunately, he got the treatment and he’s shooting the video and he’s doing a phenomenal job so far.

JAY-Z FOR ME

Both the song and video feature a guest appearance by the rapper Jaz-Z, who is also president of Rihanna’s label, Def Jam records:

Rihanna:

Jay getting on the track was a surprise, I recorded “Umbrella,” when I first heard it, I fell in love with it, It was like “I have to have this song!” it’s a really deep song. When it first starts off, you think it’s a sex song, but if..you have  to listen to the lyrics, it’s really really deep song. They just said, “We have a surprise for you and they wouldn’t tell me what it is so I couldn’t imagine that it would be Jay-Z getting on the song. And then, they finally said it to me, I got goosebumps everywhere! I mean, I still cannot believe that I’m shooting a video with Jay-Z, and I have song with Jay on it, it’s just incredible! That just takes everything to another level for me, in terms of experience in my career.

PERSONAL GROWTH

Indeed Jay-Z also spoke about the project:

Jay-Z

(African American accent)

Rihanna, it’s…we’ve all been together on this journey, of her growth, and we’s right there. So, it’s a different type of situation, it’s not just tending my vocals to a project. It’s a project and a person who I believe in.

Um comentário:

Soccer/足球新闻 disse...

nice post & My favorite blog, "soccer" visits fr Indonesia and Happy new year 2011